Wednesday, January 23, 2008

teaching

I decided to bring my camera to school for the day to show what it's like to teach English in Japan or rather, what it's like to teach at my school. My students are not the most academically minded, but they are a lot of fun most of the time. However on this day, most of the kids passed out from sports training and getting ready for the school the marathon.

It's really a different world in my school, boys styling and cutting each other's hair in class, half of the students not even bringing their books and asking how to say dirty English words. On the other side though, they are so funny, and everyday is so much fun talking with them and I really feel like I have taught them a lot since I've been here. Enjoy the photos.





my 'well-behaved' students.













this one's definately my favorite.



are you selious?




master-san the cheerful cafeteria chef!


the baseball guys table. all eat the same strictly controlled diet, practice 5+ hrs. a day and stay in a dorm across the street. and this is no joke; they aren't allowed to have bicycles, cell phones and especially no girlfriends! (not that they would have time anyway)

No comments:

Welcome to my page.

This is for all my friends and family back home. I'm doing well here in Japan, and I'll try my best to keep everybody updated on all my adventures and experiences. I owe thanks to all of you for helping be where I am now.

Enjoy the stories and please feel free to comment. I'm looking forward to hearing from everybody.

Best regards,

Dennis