Sunday, October 7, 2007

wine festival

'katsunuma bodou matsuri' katsunuma grape festival:
late and with little money i headed off to what i heard was an all-you-can-drink wine festival.


already nightfall, i somehow made it to the right town by train. had heard something about fire on a hill and asked the taxi driver about it "ok we're here!" he said as i stepped out to find a closed, abandoned temple.

broke and dejected, i started the long, cold walk back to the station.
then suddenly as i saw a small party in the distance and when i stopped to take a photo was invited to join in by some nice japanese grampas who actually owned the winery!


i was saved! all the homemade wine and food i could take!


drinking wine under a roof of fresh grapes!



preparing homemade soba noodles!


fire in shape of a tori gate is lit to pray for a bountiful harvest.
and then... here they come!




i was luckly offered to share a cab the rest of the way back to the station and made great friends with everyone and was invited to come back next year. i'll definately be there!

No comments:

Welcome to my page.

This is for all my friends and family back home. I'm doing well here in Japan, and I'll try my best to keep everybody updated on all my adventures and experiences. I owe thanks to all of you for helping be where I am now.

Enjoy the stories and please feel free to comment. I'm looking forward to hearing from everybody.

Best regards,

Dennis