


the 日本語 gang!

oakland from the top of the cathedral.

charlie at the sushi boat.





saying さよなら:(

Starting last May I moved to the city to study Japanese at the University of Pittsburgh. I never realized how much fun it would be and how many great friends I would make there. I enrolled in the Intensive language program and we spent about 6 hours a day speaking and learning Japanese. Before long we all became close friends and really formed a bond with each other.
We hung out everyday after class and the best part was that we were all very different but we all had in common that we wanted to learn Japanese and we wanted to go to Japan.
A list of my favorite memories from the summer:
- Japanese Class everyday
- Lunches at Sushi Boat or on the lawn of Solider's and Sailors
- Going to the gym and running with Corey
- Kim's Sayonara Party
- Hanging out at Corey's house and drinking stuff
- Going to Red Lobster and the "My sister just died" waitress
- The birthday dinner at Smokey Bones
- Jenna's dinner party
- Party at Grassman's
- Cathy's dinner party
- Pool party at my parent's house
- Talks with my roommate Chris
- Sushi buffet at Kiku
- Chinese Restaurant with General Tso and the "It's Steak Time!!!" guy. (thanks Bressers)
- Going to Kennywood
- Making Jenna laugh during class
- The bouncy ball rolling down the road
- anything I'm missing here?
- Everyday
I want to say thanks to all my friends and teachers from Pittsburgh for making last summer such a memorable one. I will never forget all the good times we shared together. I hope everyone is doing well and I wish you all the best and hope you can make it to Japan soon. I'll be here waiting for you.
2 comments:
best list ever! how about when you went to grassman's and like within 5 minutes of being there you already spilled stuff on your shirt!
also, you forgot sitting in front of schwartz everyday in lab with: "ITI-DOO... NI-DOO... SAN-DOO..." "man, how long is this list??..."
<3 love you bott!!
"It's Steak Time!"
Post a Comment